Logo_header

Craftree Forum Tree > InTatters Forums for Shuttle and Needle Tatting > Pattern Detective > Call for patterns (20th Anniverssary of the Danish Tatting Association)

Views: 6414

Call for patterns (20th Anniverssary of the Danish Tatting Association)

F021e090509a545b9a72e368067ca336232ddf6b

Thread created on 1366442271 by Ankija79.

Noavatar
S

Dear fellow tatters,

Do you design patterns? In 2014 the Danish Tatting Association celebrates its 20[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary and this autumn we send out our member magazine number 50. Of course that’s a reason to celebrate and we would like to do so by creating a special anniversary issue. We would like to invite you to help us do that. Our idea is to create some extra pages with patterns from all over the world. If you have made your own design for an interesting large or small tatting project, we would be happy to hear from you.

Please send us at photo of your tatted piece and a description of how to create it or a diagram. The diagram doesn’t need to be perfect, if needed we will redraw the diagram for the publication. Please enclose a few words about yourself and a picture, so we can publish this alongside your design.

Unfortunately we are not unable to pay for the work, but if your pattern is published, you will receive a complimentary copy of the magazine.

Please send your pattern, information and pictures to:

Inga Madsen (chairwoman), Hedekæret 37 1.th., 2640 Hedehusene, Denmark
mail: ingamadsen@live.dk

We need your letter or e-mail no later than the 15th of August 2013 to be able to consider your idea for the anniversary issue.

Inga Madsen and I are happy to answer any questions you might have.

More information about the Danish Tatting Association www.danskorkis.dk. The homepage is in Danish but luckily we have Google translate. Of course you are also very welcome to ask here or PM me for further information as well.

We look forward to an interesting magazine with lots of new inspiration.

Tatting greetings
Anna Kindberg in behalf of the board of the Danish Tatting Association

F57339e99c5de1468b7f9cec2e3a35d730c579eb
Sg
S

Does it need to be a new pattern specially for the occasion? And, once it's submitted, would it be okay to post it elsewhere?

Noavatar
S

Hello GraceT

No, it doesn't have to be a new pattern. And though we'd prefer that the design isn't posted elsewhere before it's published, we can't really check. After the magazine is published i.e. in November it would absolute OK to post it elsewhere.

Spring greetings from Denmark.

Noavatar
Au
S

Hi Anna and Inga!!
I have not tatted since I was in Denmark but if I can find the doily pattern I made you are welcome to that.
Hope you are all doing well.
Hugs,
jenni

Noavatar
S

Hi Jenni,
I've passed on your greetings to Inga. It would be great if you'll send your pattern. Hope you'll start tatting again soon. I have breaks once in a while too, but not so long breaks since I was elected to the board of the tatting association. Inga and the rest of the ladies are a great inspiration!
Tatting greetings
Anna

Sg
S

Thanks! I'll try and think of something...

Noavatar
Au
S

Hi Anna, Forwarded my pattern to Inga this week.....Hi to everyone. My day at the Danish Tatting group was fun and I have fond memories of you all.
Jen

Sg
S

Argh! I'm not getting on very well with this challenge...

Noavatar
Au
S

You need help with something GraceT??

Noavatar
S

If there is a doily pattern of yours, Jenni, in the Association magazine, I will have to find out how to join! Is it the yellow doily?

Sg
S

Liyarra said:

You need help with something GraceT??

Not really. I wanted to submit a design, but I haven't done more than gather a few photos.

Noavatar
Au
S

Hopefully it will be my avatar doily........... which yellow one?

Still believe that it is by far the best tatting guild magazine. Always has something worthwhile in it.Always beautifully presented and the patterns are always well proofed.

Noavatar
Au
S

Anna....can people pay a subscription for the magazine using Paypal? Money transfers are not always easy between countries.

Noavatar
S

The yellow doily you made for the landlady in Skagen - that one.

Noavatar
Au
S

No that was a pattern from a German tatting group site. Very nice little pattern though.

A9ec0c7c5e2d0906188cb9956d4708e9f3105899
S

I've tatted a small doily but I'd like to ask, have I to send the picture and also the diagram together? or only the picture before? maybe you will not like this doily , so I don't need to draw the diagram . I sent the e-mail to Inga 3 days ago but didn't receive the answer

Noavatar
S

Hi Liyarra, thanks for your words on the magazine. I'll try to look into whether we could make payments over paypal posible. I heard from Inga that she has received your doily. Look forward to see it.
Anna

Noavatar
S

Hi Marina,

I've been off this forum for a few weeks. I'll check with Inga whether she has recieved your mail and get back to you.

Anna

Noavatar
S

GraceT said:

Not really. I wanted to submit a design, but I haven't done more than gather a few photos.

How are you coming along GraceT? I'd love to hear from you.

Anna

Sg
S

ankija79 said:

How are you coming along GraceT? I'd love to hear from you.

Anna

Well, I've begun trying out little bits of tatting for my design and keeping notes about the stitch count! Still a long way to go. I like to have my patterns test-tatted before releasing them. Would this be something the Danish Tatting Association would like to undertake, or do I have to get it test-tatted before I submit the pattern?

Noavatar
S

GraceT said:

Well, I've begun trying out little bits of tatting for my design and keeping notes about the stitch count! Still a long way to go. I like to have my patterns test-tatted before releasing them. Would this be something the Danish Tatting Association would like to undertake, or do I have to get it test-tatted before I submit the pattern?

Our chairwoman has let me know that we do test tat unless it's a huge piece of work. I hope you'll get around to send us something... :-)

Noavatar
S

GraceT said:

Our chairwoman has let me know that we do test tat unless it's a huge piece of work. I hope you'll get around to send us something... :-)

Sg
S

ankija79 said:

Thanks! I will work on it...

Noavatar
S

Has there been any progress in making the arrangements to accept subscriptions using Paypal? - I'd love to be able to sign up for the magazines.