Logo_header

Craftree Forum Tree > InTatters Forums for Shuttle and Needle Tatting > Pattern Detective > Call for patterns (20th Anniverssary of the Danish Tatting Association)

Views: 6414

Call for patterns (20th Anniverssary of the Danish Tatting Association)

F021e090509a545b9a72e368067ca336232ddf6b

Thread created on 1366442271 by Ankija79.

Noavatar
Au
S

Grace I am happy to test tat for you if you would like.

Noavatar
Au
S

It would be great Maureen. I think mine is due again. The bank transfers are not able to be done here and a money order makes it too expensive.

F57339e99c5de1468b7f9cec2e3a35d730c579eb
Sg
S

Liyarra said:

Grace I am happy to test tat for you if you would like.

Thanks, Liyarra! I will see if I get it done soon enough that you can test it before the deadline.

Noavatar
S

Maureen L said:

Has there been any progress in making the arrangements to accept subscriptions using Paypal? - I'd love to be able to sign up for the magazines.

Hi I've passed the request on to the lady who's in charge of finances. I'll let you know as soon as I hear a result.

Noavatar
S

Thank you!

Adb22a3d5fd24b37ee562e9bcc9904eea9dbebfd
S

I have a doily pattern that hasnt been published yet. i will look for the diagram when i get out of work. Maureen you might have to help with the picture! The doily i gave you it used to be under your frog.

Noavatar
Au
S

Is that the celtic one Ginny??

Noavatar
S

It's under Ethan's teddy bear now, Ginny, but it's still here! - and I'll send you a picture tomorrow.

S

Yes it is the celtic one! I have the pattern i have found it! I will send it when i get a picture of it from Maureen!

Noavatar
S

I sent the pictures to you this morning, Ginny - they will be there when you wake up!

S

I have sent in the picture of the doily i have to redo the diagram i had a friend help help me with it and it is in light colors and dont scan very well but i can diagram myself now so i will get it done. If they want to use my doily!

Sg
S

Hi, Anna,
Just want to let you know that I've completed my design — That is, I've finalised the stitch counts and taken pictures. I still need to write up the instructions. I have a handwritten diagram which I can scan and send along for test tatting, but I will try to draw one with software. Should I send what I have, or wait until my computer diagram is ready?

Noavatar
Au
S

Go Grace!!!!!

Sg
S

Late last night I submitted my pattern! This morning I submitted lots of tweaks to the instructions...

I still need to draw the diagram on computer. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Wish I could show it to you all right now, but I do have to let it get published first...

Noavatar
Au
S

Need it proofed?

Sg
S

Well, Liyarra, my pattern now in the hands of Inga Madsen. I've asked the Danish ladies to test tat it, and I expect they will typeset and translate it.

Thanks for offering to test-tat for me earlier on. I submitted it directly because I figured the time was getting short.

Noavatar
Au
S

Yeah no problems Grace. Looking forward to seeing what you came up with!! Good job anyway.

Noavatar
S

GraceT said:

Hi, Anna,
Just want to let you know that I've completed my design — That is, I've finalised the stitch counts and taken pictures. I still need to write up the instructions. I have a handwritten diagram which I can scan and send along for test tatting, but I will try to draw one with software. Should I send what I have, or wait until my computer diagram is ready?

Just came home after four weeks in Canada, where I haven't been online. Please send what you have. Look forward to see it.

Just noted you have sent it. That is fine. Thanks for participating.

Sg
S

Hi, Anna,
Yes, I've submitted my design – photos, instructions and diagrams – to Inga. I don't know if she's had the chance to get them test tatted. Anyway, I look forward to seeing it published!

Noavatar
S

Hi Grace, Glad you decided to participate. Look forward to see the result :-)

Sg
S

ankija79 said:

Hi Grace, Glad you decided to participate. Look forward to see the result :-)

Ah, I'm dying to see it, too! I'm quite keen to show it to everyone. I tried to do something Danish, and I wonder how it will be received.

Noavatar
S

Please, please tell us what you received. When I hear spoken Danish, I understand almost everything, but when I read it,.... nothing happens in my brain. You have strange letters that do not figure in our alphabet. Did anyone tat a mermaid? If not wait for me,...

Sg
S

No, I sent something that I think is a Danish icon, and the Danish tatters received it — I hope they liked what they received. Sorry I'm being so mysterious; I think I'm not supposed to let it out until it's published...

Last edited 1378037569 by GraceT.

Noavatar
S

I have heard more than once, that it is considered easier to read Danish than to understand the spoken word, because we have some akward sounds (and 3 extra letters, yes). And even though it is a small country there are differences how we pronounce the words depending on where you come from, lol.
But when I hear Dutch spoken on the televison I recognize some English, German and even Danish words or sounds (no offence intended).

And Grace, I am looking forward to see which Danish icon you've designed.
I am not sure but I think Inga Madsen did a mermaid in her Fairytale book (but I have not checked it right now).

Susanne

Last edited 1377956899 by Dantatter.