Logo_header

Craftree Forum Tree > InTatters Forums for Shuttle and Needle Tatting > Pattern Detective > Call for patterns (20th Anniverssary of the Danish Tatting Association)

Views: 6414

Call for patterns (20th Anniverssary of the Danish Tatting Association)

F021e090509a545b9a72e368067ca336232ddf6b

Thread created on 1366442271 by Ankija79.

F57339e99c5de1468b7f9cec2e3a35d730c579eb
Sg
S

Ah, it is not a mermaid! I thought of The Little Mermaid, or Thumbelina, or The Wild Swans, or The Steadfast Tin Soldier, or a Viking longship, but I didn't think I was up to tatting any of them. So, I picked something easier and smaller. Nevertheless, it took me two months to develop the pattern. And it will be two more months before you all see what it is...

Noavatar
S

Oh Grace, no worries. I do look forward to see it.
I am sure you have done great and your hard work will be appreciated.
Susanne

Sg
S

It's October, and I'm wondering what's happening with the 20th Anniversary edition of the Danish Tatting Association magazine. Could someone update us?

Noavatar
S

I have not recieved the magazine yet, give it some time, please.
Susanne

Sg
S

Okay. Thanks! I wonder if my design is in it...

Noavatar
S

I recieved the magazine in the mail today.
Grace, no worries. I am sure a magazine is on the way to your mailbox.
You have done an awesome job, and you can be very proud of yourself. Thank you very much for your hard work.
Yes you've chosen a Danish icon. Do you know the story behind it?
Susanne

Noavatar
S

GraceT said:

No, I sent something that I think is a Danish icon, and the Danish tatters received it — I hope they liked what they received. Sorry I'm being so mysterious; I think I'm not supposed to let it out until it's published...
Hi everyone. I haven't been online in Intatters in quite a while - sorry! I've seen the new magazine with all the submissions from you - they are alle so great! Where to start? I love the Dagmar cross! How did you know about it Grace?

About paypal - we're looking into it I hope it will be possible soon - but I'll let you know in this forum as soon as I have news.

Sg
S

Yay!! I'm so happy you all like it!!

Yes, I did read the story behind the Dagmar Cross, though perhaps I don't know all the details. I was looking at all the Danish icons and feeling they were too hard for me to tat. But then I Googled "Danish cross", and that led me to the Dagmar Cross. (Folks, if you're mystified by this, go ahead and Google "Dagmar Cross". It's a two-sided enamelled cross, and I only tried to reproduce the side with the five medallions.)

I wonder if I should post my photos of my tatted cross yet...

Last edited 1382881795 by GraceT.

Adb22a3d5fd24b37ee562e9bcc9904eea9dbebfd
S

I was happy today and i got my copy in the mail today!!! My doily is in it!! It is exciting to have it published in there magazine.

Sg
S

I'm patiently waiting for my copy...

Sg
S

My copy arrived today! It's full of lovely patterns! And mine is there, too!

2bcab706fcb83c00ffda5cf8c4f2636ec2a47272
S

Oh Grace pretty please post your cross pic. i just googled Dagmar cross and am totally intrigues as to how you created it..

Sg
S

I'm waiting for the okay from Inga to share the pattern, but it should be fine to show you a couple of photos...

intatters-attachmentintatters-attachment

The cross on the left was worked in Milford Mercer Size 40, and you can see the construction of the cross more clearly. First I made the four medallions for the arms, then I did the central Christ medallion, and joined the arm medallions in as I went round, then I went round one more time for the perimeter and the little Josephine rings. The Lizbeth thread is firmer and smoother, so the cross with it is more correct as to the sizing of the rings, but since I used variegates (Herbal Garden and Autumn Spice, Size 20) the construction is not so obvious.

And, here's the link to the page with best picture I've found for the original. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Attachment:

Dagmar Cross in tatting, Milford Mercer.jpg

Attachment:

Dagmar Cross in tatting, Lizbeth threads.jpg

Noavatar
S

GraceT said:

My copy arrived today! It's full of lovely patterns! And mine is there, too!

Hi Grace
Remember that I can help with a translation to English if you need something translated.
Your cross is so lovely, you've done so well so go pat yourself on your shoulder.
I have one of the crosses in gold which I got at my christening, which have been a tradition here for a very long time and some still do it today.
Susanne

Last edited 1383228862 by Dantatter.

Sg
S

Thanks, Susanne! I would love to know what the Danish text says on p. 18. I also have much longer instructions in English - hopefully I can post them soon.

Sg
S

Who else from InTatters is there? Liyarra, ginnyw and Fox, right? Congrats to you all!

Noavatar
S

GraceT said:

Thanks, Susanne! I would love to know what the Danish text says on p. 18. I also have much longer instructions in English - hopefully I can post them soon.

Email me or send me a PM and let me know what exactly you want me to translate.
Susanne

2bcab706fcb83c00ffda5cf8c4f2636ec2a47272
S

WOW Grace that is lovely, such a great interpretation you've achieved.
well done

Well done and many congrats to all to made it into the book.. i am in awe of you all..

A148880a4c091ada38d2dd39dd553e2bd85f8feb
De
S

You all make me curious
Is it possible to purchase this magazine without being a member?

Noavatar
S

No unfortunately not.
Susanne

Noavatar
Au
S

Hi Anna,
My pattern is also in this edition. Is it possible that I can get a copy of the magazine please? I am happy to pay for the postage and any costs.

Thanks,
Jenni

Sg
S

Hi, Jenni,
I got a free copy of the newsletter in the post as a thank-you for submitting my design. If you haven't received your copy, be sure to let Inga Madsen know!

Noavatar
Au
S

Yes I am sure that everyone who submitted pattern was afforded that courtesy. That is their usual way to say thank you and I think it is great.

Noavatar
S

Liyarra said:

Yes I am sure that everyone who submitted pattern was afforded that courtesy. That is their usual way to say thank you and I think it is great.

Do you want me to ask Inga on your behalf?
Susanne